Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Run Through...

It's summer, y'all!
My man (a teacher) is through with his teaching job until August. Yay! BUT he is working this summer with his contractor brother. I am excited for him. He has this saying that sums up his reasoning for working with his brother, "Those who work with their hands sabbath with their minds; Those who work with their minds sabbath with their hands." He is obviously in the latter category and is looking very forward to using his hands this summer.

We're putting our house on the market in October. We have a lot of work to do (okay, not a *lot*, but it feels that way) in order to get ready. Mainly a lot of painting. I am excited, though I am in a stage of disbelief that we will actually be able to sell. We had this plan a few years back of building and selling three or four times and then to build a house in which we would have not mortgage. Nice plan, huh? Well, here's to hoping it works.

The kids are in such sweet stages right now. Caleb is three and ultra considerate, y'all. I've never really seen a kid act like he does. He is sensitive, yet strong. A lot like his daddy. I am impressed with how God is working in him. And it is a work of God, believe me. Some friends comment on how well-behaved our children are and how sweet, etc. But I know me. And I know that no good thing dwells in me... Apart from the Spirit at work, these kids are going to be a big 'ole mess. But I am so thankful that the Savior has me in the palm of His hand and that He has chosen to order my steps and those of the people He gave me.

Abraham is becoming understandable when he speaks. He isn't even two yet, but he is putting phrases together very quickly. I love the way that he articulates his ideas. He calls Caleb "Cay-Cay" and Noa Grace "Gracie." I love it! I love his spunky personality. He is going through this phase where he whines when he doesn't get his way. Sometimes I feel like I never grew out of that phase. It's hard to discipline for those sorts of things... But, I am grateful that God is patiently disciplining and prunning me. And so... I pass on that same wisdom and correction to Abe.

Noa Grace will be five months on the 11th. She is quite the personality lately. Her eyes are huge and she communicates in smiles. I love that little girl. I never realized how neat it would be to have all these kiddos in my house. And both genders are fabulous.

I am hoping to begin training for a half-marathon this week. The training begins this week. that is. The race isn't this week. Thankfully. Though I feel like when I say, "I am training for a half-marathon," I might as well be running it this week because that is how crazy the idea feels. I ran a half back in 2008 before all of the kids came along. Now that they are here, I desperately need several things: To be healthy and in shape again  AND some sanity. Running has always proved to serve me well in both of these aforementioned areas of need. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

Appollo Schloss said...

So good to catch up on your lovely life.