Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A favor:

I find myself really wrestling (almost to the point of giving in to) impatience.

I am feeling and thinking that I am so ready to have this baby. It's part of the design, I think. I mean, the sheer desperation that a woman encounters in those last days of her pregnancy where she feels that she will do whatever is necessary to meet her baby  is so helpful during childbirth.

Can I just say that I am at that point? Or at least I think that I am. I may not be. Obviously, God is sovereign and He deems when and where and all of the in between details... for His glory and for my good.

I have been really crying out to Him the last three or four days to bring me into labor. I know that He is able. But He may be after something else in me. He may want for me to trust Him in the details. In fact, I am sure of that.

Would you mind lifting me up in prayer? That I would submit to His will for my life... even in the not-knowing stage right now.

4 comments:

dan said...

Jess, I am praying hard for you these last few days. Hang tough in the Lord. I love you!

iarepilotswife said...

Oh girl!
I completely sympathize with you - and you know I know what you're going through.
I'm praying for you - for your patience, for an easy birth, and for an incredible bonding experience for you and the little one now, while your closer together than you'll ever be again, and after the birth.

iarepilotswife said...

Grrr -
I hate it when I make grammatical errors.

Jessica said...

What are you talking about, crazy girl? =)

Thanks for the encouragement. Knowing that you have walked this road before me makes me quite hopeful.