Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today: Solo flight

Both the boys are down for a nap. Instead of napping myself, I thought that I would take a minute to update you on today's events....

Today is my first day on my own with the boys. Since we returned from the hospital, either my mom or Brian's mom have come each day to help me manage my household. Well, I was noticing some behavior issues with Caleb since his grandmothers have been around and I thought that I needed to put up some sense of normalcy back into his schedule. I have no idea what it's like to be a grandparent. I know it's probably a pretty sweet gig.

However, I do realize that it has its hard parts. For instance, when you see  your grandson (who just so happens to be one of the most adorable people on the planet) whining because he wants another snack (right after he's finished his lunch), you want to give him one right? Or when it's naptime, but he doesn't want to lay down, you don't want him to either. BUT he needs some normal in his life. And he needs to obey his Mama. I started seeing Caleb discounting what I had told him and move swiftly onto his Granda or MawMaw. Uh oh! So, while I appreciate all of their help, I thought that it would be best if I got back into the swing of normal.

It's been good so far. I am having to break some of those habits mentioned above...and there has been weeping and gnashing of teeth at times. But for the most part, it's gone well. We all loaded up and went to the bank earlier. That was my first solo trip with both of the little fellas. They were great. I was nervous, but God (again) demonstrated His grace to me.

Alright, nothing profound. Just what's going on today. =)

No comments: