Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hurricane.

My head and heart sometimes just feel so very foggy.  A true war within me, as Paul talks about in Romans 7. This week has been somewhat of a hurricane (and by the way, there is in fact a Hurricane headed our way, here in northwest Florida) in the area of child training. I feel so lost sometimes. And sometimes I feel completely and utterly overwhelmed. I say, "Lord, what were You thinking giving these children to me? I am ruining them!" But really, at the end of those kinds of days, I do end up realizing (by the Lord's grace) that He is showing me my great need of Him... daily, hourly, moment by moment. It's really a blessing.

He is drawing me closer, pulling me nearer to Him. Isn't that where I say that I long to be?

So, when there are storms in my heart and head, I have to come back to the truth that He is at work. For His glory and for my good.



No comments: