Sunday, August 12, 2012

Honest

I started reading a book recently entitled "The Praying Life" by Paul Miller. It's phenomenal. I just need to start with that because the book has been so helpful in prying my eyes open from their somewhat slumber party to what's going on around me and my utter desperation and need for Christ. There. Said it.

Prayer is something that has been lacking in my life.... like *real* prayer. Not the "oh, help me Jesus!" prayers that I cry aloud daily. In all sincerity, those are true cries to Jesus for help. But I am left wanting more of Jesus--more time in His presence, praying for the thousands (millions?) of things that are jostling about in this 'ole head of mine. Ya know? Any busy people out there? Do you relate?

I have tried to take the counsel of others as to remedying this ache, but really nothing remedies like the Most High and time before Him. The way to remedy this prayer problem is by praying. It's been amazing to have my own laid bare before Him (and before my own self) and just start with where I am. I have trouble praying. There. It's out there. I am really grateful that the Lord doesn't want me to wait until I get all of my ducks in a row before I come to Him. He isn't saying that unless I have two hours to spend before Him, don't bother. He is beckoning me-- the weary one-- to come to Him-- the One who never wearies-- and He will give me rest. I am beyond grateful. Wow.

Anyway, buy the book and read it.
But really, pray. Talk to God about where you are. He has been so faithful to allow me to be honest and to change me in the process.

1 comment:

Appollo Schloss said...

I'm reading it to. Such a blessing.