Thursday, January 13, 2011

Confessions

I am so not in a creative blog-posting mood right now... Actually, ever since I have had kiddos, I have lost the ability to post anything creative, I fear. So sorry, folks. I know you're sitting on the edge of your seats daily just to see what I am going to post...NOT! Ha!

So, today's post...

Confessions:

  • I totally do NOT love playdates. I would MUCH rather hang with my awesome friends without my children present. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my boys! They are so precious and fun. I do also realize the benefit of my boys playing with other children...it's really for their holiness (and mine). But sometimes, I feel like I can't think clearly when I am trying to manage a conversation with someone and watch/train them.
  • I love to cook. I fought it for the first months of marriage, but now I am over my funk and now l-o-v-e cooking. Seriously. It's a wonder I don't weight 650 pounds. (*Edit: I suppose that last sentence reflects the fact that I like to EAT too. Two confessions in one, people. Wow.)
  • I change the boys' crib sheets everyday. It is the bane of my existence, but I just can't stand the thought of them sleeping on gross sheets.
  • I hate it when my car is dirty. When I was childless, I cleaned my car out (DEEP CLEAN) every week. Crazy!
  • I like the smell of coffee in the afternoon, but feel bad about drinking it because I know that it isn't good for me (and will stain my teeth). #iamavainweirdo
  • I paint my toenails a different color every other day or so. #likeIhavethetime?
  • I don't sleep well at night if there is laundry piled up in the hamper.
  • Going to the grocery store is a stress-reliever for me. #completedork
  • I have a strange obsession with organizing.
=)

5 comments:

BeckyJ said...

Actually, I like your plain old confessions posts because they let us know you more. I much prefer that over a creative post any day!

I hear you on losing the will to post. I loved and kept up with blogging faithfully until the DAY the boys started private school. Then I didn't post another single post on that blog, ever. I just didn't have it in me what with all the busyness and anxiety.

However, after a nearly 3 year hiatus, I started a new blog in November and I'm loving it!

So, I'm sure one day you'll blog again. Until then, I'd be content with pictures updates of the boys, stories of day to day life with them, and confessions. Because I love you and miss seeing you all the time. :)

BeckyJ said...

P.S. How do you like having Katy as a neighbor? :)

becca said...

Grocery shopping is one of my favorite things! :)

Unknown said...

I totally feel the same about cooking and the laundry. At times I have even gotten up to put it in the wash or fold and put it away.

Appollo Schloss said...

~Me too, but I can't just hang out, since I'm always hanging out with my little blessings, i settle for playdates.
~Me too.
~I wouldn't dream of it, I won't tell you how often I do.
~I don't prefer it, but there's other things to do.
~I always like the smell of coffee.
~That's funny, explains some things.
~I'd never sleep if that were the case, maybe that's my problem?
~I like the store too, especially if i'm alone.