Sunday, April 17, 2011

Warm Heart

The Caldwell's will be celebrating Passover this year.

Growing up, I distinctly remember being a part of Palm Sunday services and (of course) (well, maybe not of course) celebrating Easter as being the day where we remember that Jesus died for the sins of those He came to save and that He rose from the grave. BUT for some reason, this year these truths/facts are really striking a different chord with me.

I don't know if it is because I have children and/or I finished "Treasuring God in Our Traditions" (Noel Piper) and really desire to cultivate some lasting and Christ-centered tendencies in our home or what. Whatever the reason, I am thankful.

I was scoping out some blogs the other night before bed and I came across one that *really* made me excited about having our very first Passover meal. I have lots of questions and frankly, I don't know if we are celebrating in the traditional kosher way;  however, I really hope to please the Lord in the way that we Caldwell's choose to remember and reflect Him during our quiet little Passover supper this year. I have thoroughly enjoyed ( & have been thoroughly moved to tears at times) researching.

What are your plans for Good Friday and Easter/the day we celebrate the resurrection?

1 comment:

Appollo Schloss said...

That sounds wonderful Jess!