Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let's Not Pretend

Let's not pretend that I am a good blogger. Nope. Let's be real. I suck at it. Sorry, dear sensitive reader, for saying "sucks." I frankly just don't know what to write about half the time. During the day, I have lots of ideas for posts on this 'ole blog; however, by the time I actually get a few minutes to write a post, the idea either is seen for what it really is (lame) or is no longer seen at all (i.e. I forget what it was that I was going to write about in this blog). ::Sigh:: I'm getting old, I think.

I will say that there are lots of things going on in my little corner of the world.

Caleb will be TWO in less than one month. 
Yes, you read that correctly. I can't believe it either. When people say, "Ah, seems like only yesterday..." I usually roll my eyes (inwardly), but today, I find myself with the exact same sentiment. I am currently dreaming up ideas for his birthday cake. A goal of mine is to make the birthday cake for my kiddos from scratch each year. I just feel like it is more special for me to make it than to go buy one. I may change my mind soon. Ha!

Abraham is on the verge of crawling.
Yes. Insane. I can't stop him. He is rolling all over the place. It seems like Caleb was slow at getting to the crawling stage, but not dear Abe. Nope. I expect to see him chasing his big brother all over the place any day now.

Halie will be home from school/Mississippi this weekend and throughout next week for her spring break. I am really excited. She is a junior this year and time is flying. I can't believe that next year, she will be graduating from high school. Crazy. I hope that we are able to spend lots of quality time together this year during spring break...Meaningful and fun.

I am really enjoying my at-home work for an attorney in town.
I am in charge of researching some things for a key project of his and I am really enjoying it. I get to check out scholarly blogs and learn all sorts of neat info. It's a nice outlet for me.

I am still sticking with the "30 for 30 Challenge" that I wrote about in my last post.
It's been tough. REALLY tough. I went to TJ MAXX the other night because I was looking for new linens for our bed. I foolishly walked through the clothing section "just to see" what was there. BAD idea. I found several really cute shirts that were super inexpensive and adorable. But a part of this challenge is that you can't buy anything for thirty days. It is supposed to be a time to really think about being creative with what you already have and to give you an idea of what you could really use/need in your closet.

My husband is hott.
The end.

1 comment: