Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's been too long...

So, I am a bad blogger. This is not news to you, dear reader. I am sorry that I have failed to update you. Here's to new beginnings...

We've been busy at the Caldwell house.

Here are some of the highlights (in no particular order, y'all, because I am just grateful to be updating you at all):

Brian just started his first official day back to school/work (he's a teacher) on Monday, the 22nd. He and other teachers in SR and ESC counties have actually been back at it since last week, but this was the first week with students. Brian and I painted his classroom a beautiful khaki green color over the summer. He put his own style in the classroom and I think that it seems so much warmer in there! I think that his students are going to really enjoy it. All of the other classrooms are painted an gross white color and seems so boring and drab. My man is THE man.

We sold Annie the Altima AND Fiona the Frontier. (Yes, I named our vehicles. Don't judge me. ;) We had planned to sell both of our vehicles and use the combined monies to purchased one bigger vehicle that will serve our growing family. Brian found a VW Eurovan that we really liked. We made an offer on it and then drove to Jacksonville to scope it out. We bought it that very same day and drove it all the way back home. We are really enjoying it. Especially Caleb. He regularly asks to "load up and go for ride in van."  Love that boy. Abe is in a forward-facing seat now and he and Caleb are having so much fun riding around town together in the back seat.

Abraham will be one year old in a month. Crazy! I cannot believe how fast time flies. Seriously. What is the deal? Since having our first child, time seriously is zooming past us. SLOW DOWN!

I am five months pregnant with Baby Caldwell #3. I had a big ultrasound yesterday and if we were anywhere close to normal, that would have been the visit in which to reveal the gender of this little baby growing inside of me. But we're not normal. We don't want to find out until we're holding him or her in our arms. So...yeah.

Halie and I are in process of redecorating her room... the one that she will be sharing with Baby Caldwell #3. Yes. My 17-year old will be sharing a room...with a baby. Pass along any links to design blogs that you frequent. We are still shopping for ideas...

Halie started her SENIOR (what?) year this year at Ocean Springs High School. Can you believe it? I can't. I just know that this year is going to fly by for her. She has plans to go away to school and hopefully enter the nursing field. She loves all things medical. I am really so proud of her already... =)


Alright. I am going to iron. Yippie!
Happy Wednesday!















2 comments:

Becca said...

Hello friend! Good to see a blog from you. :) It HAS been too long...

http://decorhacks.com/

http://www.younghouselove.com/

Appollo Schloss said...

Glad you are back in the saddle!