Saturday, July 7, 2012

Maintaining

Hey there, friends.
Just wanting to keep you up to date with regard to the goal of running another half-marathon this year. I am training and really enjoying running. I had my longest run (for this training schedule) this morning with a friend; a whopping SEVEN miles. When I started, I never imagined being able to run that far, but alas, the small miles during the week have really helped my ability to run more miles on the weekends.

Running is one of the things that helps me clear my head. I lace up my shoes, head out the door and start thinking and sorting things out in my brain. I have realized that since having children, I really don't think very cohesively. I am scattered. And, while that is okay and somewhat understandable for this season in life, I really would like to become more collected. Running has helped with that because there is a scheduled time for me to run & think.

I have been really trying to lose this weight that I have collected after having three kids in three years (and three c-sections). It's been so very difficult. I cannot even begin to tell you....sigh. But, I am working on it. I realized, while I was out for a run, that I had been praying for self-control (with regard to eating and exercise), but that in a sense, I had been content with just maintaining. If you have ever tried to lose weight, you know that to maintain your current weight, you just do the same 'ole thing you've always done. You eat what you normally eat, etc. BUT if you're trying to lose weight, you cut out things and add things that are more beneficial for your body's use. I realized that in my walk with the Lord, there are areas where my heart's attitude has just been in "maintain" mode. Perhaps there are seasons like that.... and obviously (based on God's Word), His grace doesn't demand me to work up some "good" action. BUT I am compelled to get aggressive about waging war with the sin in my heart. Not to maintain, but to make war.

Does that even make sense?
Hope so.
Anyway, it's where I am.

I am psyching myself up for a week with all three children, minus my man. He is headed out on a week-long backpacking adventure with our oldest daughter, Halie. I am super excited for them (and a wee-bit envious!), but I am going to miss him terribly.

Say a prayer for me this week, if you think of me.
I need it!

No comments: