Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 for 30 Challenge

Okay, so I am just going to preface with the fact that if you're male, you won't understand this post in the least. You might want to just go ahead and move along to other blogs on your blogfeed and catch up with them... Go ahead. Do it.


I am a mom to two little boys who are currently under the age of two. My oldest, Caleb, turns two in May. My youngest, Abraham, just turned 6 months on the 28th. I had TWO cesarean sections within a sixteen month period. My natural (not that it matters to you) labors went well (okay, so they were long and sorta crazy, but I have the babies, right?), but they both ended in emergency sections.


That being said, the 'ole bod isn't what it used to be. I am trying to watch what I eat (alright: sometimes, I just watch whatever I want to eat go into my mouth). I exercise (running) on a regular basis. I try to drink lots of water daily. I am still nursing every three hours (except in the night...Abe sleeps, praise Jesus).


The point: The weight is not coming off as quickly as I think it should. I am frustrated with my wardrobe and continually battle the "If I could just go shopping and by ALL NEW clothing, I would feel better about myself." But don't let my thoughts fool you; I have plenty of clothing that *does* fit. I just don't like all of it. I have lost the creative part of me that used to love putting outfits together. (Side note: I think the creativity left when my sister Bethany and I ceased to share a room. She's the creative force behind my trendiness, if it ever existed.)


Recently, I stumbled upon a blog where the author talked about taking a "30 For 30 Challenge." Basically, you use the items that you have in your closet for thirty days and decide at the end of that period what you really *need* to incorporate into your wardrobe. It may be something. It may be nothing. It depends. Anyway, I have decided to do it. I need to.


The author of another blog that I read was talking about how she and her husband are memorizing this verse: 1 Timothy 6:6-7 that says, "Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and  we cannot take anything out of the world."


I realize that there is a danger in being content with being unhealthy and being overweight. That isn't what I am advocating at all. I guess, I realize that my issue is multi-layered. I need to steadily work at being healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle AND I need to be content with the wardrobe that I have and work at being creative with it. 

3 comments:

becca said...

Neat challenge! Girl, this low-carb thing has me feeling SO good! So much energy (and I lost 10 lbs, which might not be noticeable but my clothes fit WAY better!)

becca said...

Something else for your 30/30 challenge: since we only buy clothing at thrift stores, it's really easy to have a few extra pieces around. when you don't love them anymore, just donate them back to the shop! it's a lot easier to let it go when you only pay a dollar or so for the item! I will keep pieces that I really like wearing for several seasons. Others, I get over more quickly! :)

Appollo Schloss said...

The scripture is soo good! Thanks for sharing your walk.